The Set El Hosn Foundation has been made a Slow Food Convivium: the South Sinai Slow Food Convivium.
Its purpose is to establish a community that cares about environment maintaining its biodiversity and preserving nature…and caring about mankind by promoting healthy delicious food and preserving the cultural heritage of Bedouins. It also promotes sustainability by the use of sustainable agriculture and renewable energy.
We hope to establish a group of members in the Sinai area, and together to raise awareness about the value of green living, environmental care and good, slow cooking.
Types of Activities
- Seasonal Slow Food Festivals
- Terra Madre day
- Cooking classes
- Lectures about the value of slow food
- Open Day Activities
- Cultural crafts training/enhancement by establishing a Set el Hossn Training Centre
- Bedouin evenings
- Bedouin training for crafts
- Bedouin exhibitions and music
- Set el Hossn dinner evenings
- Publishing Middle Eastern cookbook
The particular food interest among the group:
Olives: pickled, patted, sliced, seasoned….
Bedouin food: kebab..Mansaff…barbequed lamb